Sunday, November 11, 2012

BRRRRRR

First and for most, HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!! Thank you doesn't seem to be enough, but THANK YOU for all you and your families sacrifice.  A special thanks to some of my favorites.....Dad, Scott, Uncle Kent, Brent, Damon, Kim, and Wes.

My Heroes..... Dad, Scott, and Uncle Kent (RIP) 


OK so remember when I was blogging about CO still having 70 degree weather?! Well that is long gone! In just two days we went from T-shirts and flip flops to coats and Uggs.  It's only in the 30's and snowing.  But on the bright side of it, I was able to finally wear my new riding boots, and I LOVE them.  :)  It is suppose to start warming up this week, but we are leaving! Hitting the jet way yet again :)

This past week has been filled with organizing our life and getting everything ready for us to be gone for two weeks.  I also had some time to try some new recipes I have been dying to try! They turned out DELICIOUS!

The first was weight watchers baked lemon pepper chicken.
  •  Four skinless boneless chicken breast
  • 1/4 tsp pepper (salt can be added also, but def doesn't need it!)
  • 1 tsp Olive Oil
  • 2 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 2 tsp Rosemary
  • 2 tsp Parsley 
  • 1/4 cups of Fat Free canned Chicken broth
  • 1/2 medium lemon (cut up)
  • and Lemon Pepper Seasoning to taste
  • Bake at 400 F for 30-35 mins 
It turned out so juicy and delicious! And so simple!!!

The second was Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
  • 2 large red or green apples
  • Cinnamon (to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg 
  • Sugar to taste (I left this out and they were deliciously sweet!)
  • Slice thinly and sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg 
  • Bake at 245 for 2 hours (or until they are crispy enough for your liking) 
These are some of my new favs! They are sweet but healthy and make a WONDERFUL snack!! 

Bruce is well and VERY excited for his two week vacation, and boy does he deserve it! He hasn't been on vacation since our honeymoon.......He is as amazing as ever.  I received yet again another gift in the mail.  A hand held Kitchenaid mixer.  He knows sometimes I get annoyed having to pull out the big Kitchenaid stand mixer because it can be a pain to clean, so he got me the hand mixer I have been drooling over.  What a man!  He also found a couple of guys to car pool with to work, which is great! It will cut our gas bill, that is OUTRAGEOUS, in half.  YAY! :)

Weight Watchers is great.  Lost another 4 pounds.  Down 5 in total for two weeks, not too bad! Now on vacation I have to try and remember this.......ahhhhh ;)

Well I think that is about all I have for now!! We hope you all are well.  We love and miss you tons!

Love,
Nichole and Bruce
The beautiful flowers I came home to :) Lucky

Cinnamon Apple Chips & Hot tea..... YUM! 





No comments:

Post a Comment