Saturday, May 18, 2013

HandyMan :)

Hi Everyone!

Quick update to show some love to my handyman and Pinterest!

So ever the bargain shopper I am, I found some really cute knobs for dirt cheap at Michaels Craft Store about two or so months ago.  I didn't exactly know what I was going to do with them, but had to buy them anyways, figuring that I would eventually find something.  I mean that is what Pinterest is for right?! Well low and behold I stumbled upon a pin that was exactly what I was looking for!

So I showed my handyman hubby and he of course said he could do it for me.  Well I came home last week to the beautiful finished products and I absolutely LOVE them and had to share!

Scarf (or jewelry/purse) Rack! 



He was able to make me two beautiful racks.  We put one up for my scarves and I am saving the second to put up in our first home.  I plan to put the second in our bedroom for a jewelry/purse rack.  Bruce said it was relatively easy.  And it was definitely inexpensive.  I fell in love with them mostly because it's homemade and something that is unique and made from love.  Instead of buying the regular old racks from department stores, these have character and add a "homie" feel.  

Here is the original link to the pin.....  DIY RACK  

What we used:
  • Wood. We bought a piece of scrap wood from Home Depot and it was only $0.52!!
  • Sand Paper 
  • Paint & Brush
  • We used wood fillers (I'm not really sure what they are officially called but they are the cute blocks that the knobs are on) to add space in case your knobs are long. Also at HD for only $1
  • And of course cute knobs! (I paid under a $1 for each of mine!)
  • Tools (drill and a saw if you have to cute your board)


Well we hope you are all well!! We miss and love you tons!

Love,
Nic and Bruce xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment