Monday, November 21, 2011

Visitor, Birthday, & Crafts

This weekend we had a visitor & a birthday! EC, one of my very very best friends, flew in on Wednesday night and is flying out today.  We had such a relaxing weekend.  We drank lots of wine, wore our pj's more often than not, and made some beautiful crafts.  We haven't been able to just have some quality girl time together in the last few years.  She lives in Vegas and like myself, only makes it home for events.  So for the last 3 years I have only had the pleasure of seeing her three times, all three times we were busy little bees with events.  So this trip was amazing to be able to talk and talk and talk and talk and just hang out, it was perfection.  I did however, get sick! I caught a horrid head cold and was sick most of Friday, but I dealt and we had a good day. 

This weekend was also Bruce's birthday!  The big 2-7!!! He had to work a double the morning of, so that was a bummer, but EC had all of his gifts ready and also got him an array of donuts so he could eat and run to the bed! That day we baked and baked and baked. I accidental added too many ingredients and made WAY too much batter for his red velvet cake.  So not only did he have a double layer cake, but also two dozen cupcakes! But he loves the homemade cream cheese frosting, so they won't last too long! EC got him a McDonald's gift card, he LOVED that.. We don't eat out often and I hate McDonald's, so he is always excited to have an excuse to eat his favorite fast food. I got him tickets to the Avs game on Dec. 4th when they play his all-time favorite team, the Red Wings, he is beyond excited! Saturday, his day off, is when we celebrated! We made his favorite meal, a big steak and home made mac n' cheese.  And we also bought some spiced beer, bud light, and ingredients for some mixed cocktails.  We drank, ate, and played games, Bruce's perfection. 

The town we live in is super small and there isn't much to do, so we did a few crafts and put up our Christmas lights.  Bruce was laughing because so far we are the only house on our block that has our lights up, BUT in my defense this was the only weekend that we were available to put them up before Dec. 5th.  And I am SUPER CRAZY (and am not afraid to admit it) about Christmas! I would be so sad if the lights were not up the entire time possible.  So my wonderful hubby climbed the ladder and did the job beautifully, while EC and I fluffed wreaths. 

So all in all this past week was AMAZING! Here are a few pictures of crafts.....(there are more, but I am not going to upload the pictures until some are given away as gifts).  Also, our headboard project had to be postponed, but I will upload pictures when it is complete!

Hope everyone is well! We love and miss you all!
Love,
Bruce, Nichole, & Pudge xoxoxo



This is a jewelry holder made of flower pots.  I had some old orange flower pots and turned them useful. I painted the pots with 'distressed coal' paint and then glued them together and added ribbon to the bases.  Total cost was about $3 for the paint only, $10 if you have to buy the flower pots. You can find it here: http://pinterest.com/pin/2251868533290850/


This I made for Bruce's birthday, it's his 'man bouquet.'  He absolutely loved it! I just took a Styrofoam block, cut it to size and glued the candy boxes to all four sides.  Then I glued Popsicle sticks to each piece of candy and stuck in the top of the block, SO easy.  All things needed can be found at the dollar store.  Idea found here: http://pinterest.com/pin/2251868533272024/

No comments:

Post a Comment