Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

I am doing the "Link-Up" Love story that is going around all the blogs this week as a Valentines Day post!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?  
Officially since December of 2007

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Well we met the summer of 2007 through mutual friends, and I'd like to say it was love at first site, but sadly it was not.  We eventually began to hang out more often as he became better friends with mine and I his.  Then I broke my foot pretty badly and was pretty much stuck at home for months.  He would come out to my house with one of my Bff's that he became good friends with, to play games and keep me company.  We then became pretty good friends and started to hang out, just the two of us! And that's when we were goners.... :) We just meshed so well and fell completely head over heels in love.  We were almost instantly inseparable. 

One of our very first photos together.....holy young! 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have been married for almost 6 months!!! :) 

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married in my hometown (and the place Bruce attended College) of Sault Ste. Marie, MI.  We had a fairly large wedding, the final head count was 272 people. 

Our Wedding day, The BEST day of our lives!! 

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Of course! :) Bruce calls me Babe or if he is trying to get my full attention or the convo takes a serious turn, Nic! But it actually sounds strange if he calls me Nichole. I call him Babe or Baby too. Very rarely do I ever call him Bruce :) 

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. He is the MOST selfless person I know.  He would rather go without or give up anything he has or wants to make his family happy with something they want or need.  Truly.
2. He is so incredibly KIND! He has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met.  And all of his actions are truly genuine and kind.
3. He is going to make an amazing Dad.  I know we don't have children yet, but we will sooner than later and I already know this fact about him.  He is AMAZING with Pudge and the kiddos I watch.  He just has an ease about him when he is with kids, I truly CAN'T WAIT to see him as a Daddy!

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
His proposal was perfect for us! He took my on a camping trip in October, which I was reluctant to even go one because it was starting to get pretty cold at night (later he told me he picked a later date because he knew we would be all by ourselves and it wouldn't be busy!).  But I went along anyways because we love to camp! We did some hiking and exploring.  Then we ate a little dinner and all of a sudden he started acting a little bit weird.  He rushed us to a beautiful scenic overview just in time for the sunset.  He was the perfect gentleman and got down on one knee at sunset and asked me to be his wife.  His words were so beautiful and the scenery was also beyond beautiful. And he did his research, he got on the computer to find out the exact time of the sunset that evening so he knew.  Then to top it off he brought a very special bottle of wine with him.  On our first Valentines Day together as a couple, back in 2008, he bought two bottles of wine.  He said one was to celebrate with that night and the other to save and open when we got engaged. Now at the time we had only been dating a few months and thought "yah right!" All this time he had saved and kept the wine safe, even on the move from MI to CO.  He hid it in a shelf that was above the fridge that I never went into.  Well that night he brought it, and we were able to opened it just like he said back in 2008!! It was so beautiful! 

first picture as an engaged couple! 

Cheers!! The bottle of wine!! :) 


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
He is def a strawberries, champagne, and rose petals kind of guy for Valentines.  He gets me flowers all the time for no reason at all and that's one of the things I love about him, that he doesn't need a holiday to surprise me and make me feel special (example: Random Tiffany's bracelet! See last post).  But on Vday he has always been romantic too! 

The amazing dozen roses Bruce had waiting at the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at on our travel home from the wedding. Yup, he's AMAZING! 


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
A movie and couch kind of girl. We do this on a regular basis on the weekends, and LOVE every second of it! Although I must admit, when we did have the sunset dinners on the beach on our honeymoon set up by the resort, we did love that too! But I think that is more of something we will do on vacations and stuff. 

One of our desserts from our honeymoon dinners!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Go to Europe! Last year we found a really amazing travel agent when we booked our honeymoon.  So we decided to put deposits down on a trip to Europe.  We originally planned on going for our first year anniversary, but so many things have come up.  We have some exciting weddings to travel home for.  So we are just keeping the deposits down and still putting money towards it and when the time comes we will go.  :) 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Well as you all know, I am on Weight Watchers and for the first few weeks have vowed to only eat out at Subway.  So we are going to cook a delicious dinner at home and go to the movies.  :) 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Seriously, I know it sounds sooooo cheesy, BUT could I ask for any more than I already get on a daily basis?! I feel so blessed everyday I wake up.  I have an AMAZING husband that provides everything I need and want everyday! So I would never ask for anything else, I have no desire to! :) 

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Spend quality time together and take advantage of every single second you can spend together! Right now we do not have the ideal situation, as I travel to Denver three days a week and Bruce works 2-10 for the state with odd days off.  But we have made it a point to spend quality time together.  This means once a month we turn off all electronic devices for at least one entire day, something we did for our honeymoon and loved it! We have been able to do this three times since returning from our honeymoon and we love it! We also make sure to have at least two date nights a month, where we do something extra special.  This has been amazing for us! We look forward to these days and the time. We also try and go on an adventure of some sort, like hiking or snowshoeing, every weekend.  We love to do outdoor things and enjoy the time together! 

One of our adventures! :) 

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

This is one of our favorites! Such an intimate moment. This was right after our wedding and we thought there was no one in the back of the church with us! We had NO idea our photographer was there, but we sure are glad she was! 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! 
LOVE, 
NICHOLE, BRUCE, AND PUDGE XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment