Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Clutter free & chalkboard Love

So this past week has been primarily dedicated to getting organized and completely clutter free for summer. The spring cleaning bug has bitten again, except this time we hit all closets, rooms, and everything in between. We cleaned out every single nook and cranny finding so many things unused and collecting dust.  Because of these new discoveries we have (well I have) decided to have a garage sale this Saturday! Yes I said a garage sale.......and I am officially 90 years old! No offense.  I just have some really beautiful things that are literally brand new with tags, for example the brand new unused Oster stand mixer ($100) that we received as a wedding gift and never used because we also got our KitchenAid stand mixer.  I thought that instead of the usual trip to the donation dump I will try my luck and see what comes of it and whatever is left after Saturday will go directly into my trunk and straight to the donation center.  I just can't believe how much we can accumulate in just a year.......crazy.  So I got the cute little colored stickers and poster board and tagged everything and made some signs, the whole shebang! Wish us luck........

WW was definitely not as bad as I was expecting! I actually maintained, which means I didn't lose or gain a single ounce.  Which of course I am sad I didn't lose, but on the other hand after eating and eating and drinking and drinking and eating some more in CT & NYC I am glad that I didn't gain either!  My WW leader was so proud of me, which was nice to hear even though I didn't lose.  So back to work it is!  Time to get back on the losing wagon!

Bruce and Pudge are both back to being super duper healthy! Thank goodness.  Bruce finally has his SGT's test scheduled for next Thursday at 9am.  So he has about a wk left of studying, I am so proud of him!! Pudge's nail is healing and he doesn't even notice it anymore, so he's back to playing and running full speed!

I also completed another Pinterest project this week.  While cleaning out the clutter I found an old gold mirror that was hideous!  I painted the frame silver and painted over the mirror with chalkboard paint.  It turned out fabulous and I am so in love with it!  I immediately went out and got more of the wall sticky hanging thingy's and hung it up, chalk, and an eraser.  Bruce really likes it too, it's a great way to leave little notes to one another.  :)

So that about sums up our week.  We hope you all had a fantastic week also! We love and miss you all so much!

Love,
Nichole, Bruce, and Pudge xoxo

Completely rejuvenated 

 hung right outside of the kitchen :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment