Saturday, April 14, 2012

Garage Sale

So quick post about the garage sale.......IT WAS A SUCCESS!!!

It was pretty painless and I would go as far as to say, EASY! It took me about 2 hrs last wk to clean out the house (which I would have done anyway) and decide what I wanted out out out and maybe an hour Friday night to set it all out and organize it, with the help of my very patient hubby of course. ;)  I was open from 8:30-1 today.  I actually had people waiting for me to open the garage door because they saw me setting up the evening before.  People are serious about their garage sales!

We were able to meet lots of new people around our little town and it was so wonderful to see so much of our unwanted things make someone else so happy.  Someones trash is someone else's treasures.  We spent $4 on poster board and price stickers and got $30 to make change with, and with that all accounted for we ended up profiting $203 smakaroos.  Not too shabby for the spring cleaning pile and throwing this together so fast!  Bruce was so surprised, and he said we should remember this when we do our "spring cleaning" again.   Most of the stuff was gone by the end of the day and what wasn't I took straight to the donation center so it wouldn't make an appearance in our house ever again!

Next on the list for this weekend is to plant all of our flowers, vegetables, and grass seed/fertilizer.  Which means we will be officially ready for summer! We hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Love,
Nichole, Bruce, and Pudge xoxo

The final set up of the sale right as we were opening the doors. :)

New shelves and organized office

 You can actually walk in.... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment